Hello Ziyi, Yuanyuan and Codie,

Thanks for spending time to prepare your learning resource about APA citation style. APA citation is useful for undergraduates in universities because it accompanies our entire university life. When we write essays, the citation is always an annoying part. If we write wrong, we will get zero because of the plagiarism. Your topic is connected to our daily life and help us solve the problem. Overall, I think you did a great job. Your welcome page is like an abstract that explains your every part’s contents. It is a good guide for visitors. Everyone who comes to your website will see this page at first, therefore, I am wondering that if you can make this page more interesting. For example, you can add some interesting and relevant pages or videos. I think it may enhance the visitors’ interest and let them stay here. You divided the content into 4 parts. Overview, learner view, community learning and resources. Thus, I will also write my other opinions in these 4 parts.

Overview

There are many subtopics in this part. The learning context is simple and clear. However, do you think it could be more detailed as the analysis of your learning context? Your learning outcomes are logical and step-by-step. Each part, you set reasonable outcomes and exercises. I think students will fully understand the topic after they learn your course. About Inclusion, you choose 3 kinds of people. English Language Learner, single parents and hard of hearing. Each group of people, I think you give good methods to solve their problems. Because I am an international student, I really care about your solving approach of ELL students. I am a little confused about the third method. What kind of resources would you provide? Could you give us more details about it? The next part is your concept analysis. I think this part is excellent. You considered two groups of people, educators and students. In your article, you cite others’ passages. It makes your article convincing. You also show an example of the A.P.A style. The analysis is academic and clear. In the rational and approach, you make good use of what we learned in classes. However, in the second paragraph, did you miss a link on the words “GO HERE”? Correct me if I misunderstand. In your resource, you choose open pedagogy as the main approach. You did very well in your learning resources because your activities and exercises are connected with your learning approach. On this page, you only mentioned open pedagogy. When I looked at your assessment plan, I think you also use experiential learning and cooperative learning. Maybe you could write these approaches as a supplement on this page. Your assessment plan gives two choices. Students will feel free and have more patience. Could I recommend that you can show your assessments linked to your outcomes? It may encourage students to do their assessments.

Learner View

This part is your teaching part. You are good teachers because you considered helping students improve their learning skills. They will know their learning outcomes and improvement methods. It is a useful encouragement. When you set the course, you signed the section. It is excellent because students can follow their own schedule. Your courses are interesting. Each section has useful resources and funny activities. I played one of the games. It is interesting and I found I still have lots of knowledge need to learn about APA style. Each section has comment parts. Students could communicate interactively. Educators could solve their problems as soon as possible. I can see Codie’s comment in each section. She is like a student who is thirsty for knowledge. Her comments make your resources more vivid. I think all of you can respond to more interactive comments. I love your course design. It is relaxed but I would like to recommend you could make more graded interactive activities in each section. When teachers check and give feedback,  they could know students’ mastery of knowledge conveniently. It may help you adjust the schedule and resources. The comment part is good but I think the grade could be more objective.

Community of learning + Resources

There are many reference lists for your courses in these two parts. I am interested in your student forum. These are active and connected to your learning approach, open pedagogy. However, I am a little confused. Correct me if I am wrong, only page editors can add contents in the page intent. How will students add questions in your forum? Besides, you will have many students so there will be many questions. The forum list may be very long and hard to find. How can you solve the problem? I recommend you could find another forum website as your assistant.

Conclusion

Overall, your learning resource is useful and excellent. I think it will appear in my Favourites in the future after you finish it. It will help me a lot.

Thanks again for sharing your resource on teaching APA citation and I am looking forward to your final page.

Rosemary Wei